Thursday, August 13, 2009

Public Enemies

Only one day left!!!

Tomorrow I'll be able to see Public Enemies, I'm so excited! I wouldn't have ever thought of making such a great screen couple: Johnny Depp (in the role of John Dillinger) & Marion Cotillard(in the role of Billie Frachette). Plus, handsome Channing Tatum plays Floyd, so with such a cast it MUST be a great film :)


But Marion Cotillard is my absolute favorite! She is the second woman ever to win an acting Oscar performing in a language other than English (for "La môme - La vie en rose").The other woman is, of course Sophia Loren.  Besides she has that certain "je ne sais quoi", that lovely smile and gorgeous eyes, just look how pretty she is! 

She also has the indisputable style of a French woman.

 


The first movie that I saw her in, was Taxi. Then I saw "Jeux d'enfants- Love me if you dare", movie that made my personal top 20 hahaha. And if I still had any doubt about Marion, she played Edith Piaf in "La môme- La vie en rose" and I was astonished. I must say that Edith Piaf's songs are so close to my heart. She has such a lovely voice, that it instantly reaches your soul. I remember that once I went skiing, and the radio was on, they were doing E Piaf's biography, it was an entire hour, perhaps 2 of her songs. I was 11 and I was so amazed by the power of her voice that I needed to have her CD, and I still have it right here on my desk :) . So seeing such a great actress playing the role of a great singer was absolutely amazing!! If you haven't seen this movie, you should! 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzEJ7NV_g98 -here's the trailer of La môme.


But now there's this other movie coming out and I can't wait! I love Johnny Depp as well, so I'm anxious to see these lovely actors in the same movie. 


I don't want to reveal anything about the plot, I'll just leave you a link so you can see the trailer and other things about Public Enemies : www.publicenemies.net .

Tomorrow tomorrow, I love you tomorrow, You're only a day awaaaaaay!!!

Bet your bottom dollar, that tomorrow, I'll finally see the movie hahahah

A lovely day to everyone!






2 comments:

  1. What a great post!The picture of Marion Cotillard wearing hat is absolutely stunning! She is also one of my top 10 favorite actresses of all time. She absolutely stole my heart in "La môme- La vie en rose" . I had my doubts before going to see that movie. Edit Piaf was such a complex lady, I thought that Marion was to young to play her when it came to the emotional side of it...Instead she was brilliant!
    Thank you so very much for participating in my Contest, I did receive your answers! Thank you for the wonderful comment you have left - it brought smile to my face because "Anastasia" is my favorite cartoon movie by Disney. I can watch it million times and I cry every time I hear the song :" Things I almost remeber..."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love her outfit in the last picture. The pumps are to die for.


    Xx

    ReplyDelete