Saturday, August 8, 2009

Daisies



It is thought that the name "daisy" is a corruption of "day's eye", because the whole head closes at night and opens in the morning.

In ancient Rome, the surgeons who accompanied Roman legions into battle would order their slaves to pick sacks full of daisies in order to extract their juice. Bandages were then soaked in this juice and then would be used to bind sword and spear cuts.

But more importantly (hahahah) they gave name to this wonderful perfume, that I'm more than in love with : "Daisy" - by Marc Jacobs.

This is definitely one of my favorite perfumes. When I put on this lovely scent, I always imagine that there's a tiny floral bouquet trapped in this black/golden bottle. So when I spray it on my neck I'm releasing some of those little daisies transformed in drops of heaven. It is a floral perfume but also a very fresh one, so it makes my mornings happier and it gives me loads of energy to start a positive day. 

The only thing that I don't like about it is that I can't get enough of it :)

Oh and talking about daisies, there's something else that I really really enjoyed : Pushing Daisies. It's a forensic fairy tale centered around a handsome pie-maker, who has the ability to bring the dead back to life. Unfortunately it had very only two seasons. Nevertheless, the series are different from any others that I've seen, it's a story book came to life. It even has a narrator (Jim Dale) that explains events with a very tender, soft voice that it made me feel like I was 5-years old again and my uncle was telling me a bed time story. And the pies that are made at the Pie Hole seem to be ¡¡delicious!! :) yummm...

So if you haven't seen any episode, I think you should! At least it's different from all detective series that are too alike. 



PS: I love the way Charlotte (the pie-maker's sweetie) is dressed all the time!!

I wish you all a beautiful weekend!

xoxo

www.daisymarcjacobs.com




1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful, truly light and elegant post! I enjoyed every minute of it and it brought smile to my face. I find daisies to be one of the most beautiful flowers, no matter how unassuming they are! No wonder they are the inspisration behind so many editorials and designs!:-)

    ReplyDelete